In 1925, the Southern Baptist Convention established the Cooperative Program. The Cooperative Program – CP Missions – enables all Southern Baptists to work together to support missions’ efforts world-wide. Through the International Mission Board, Southern Baptists support 5,444 missionaries in different countries. Your gifts and prayers resulted in 565,967 (2008 Annual Statistical Report) new believers baptized in 2008 outside of North America.
Southern Baptist’s support of CP Missions allowed the North American Mission Board to send out 5,081 missionaries last year and help start over 1,700 new churches. Approximately 415,000 people were baptized last year as a result of individual Southern Baptists becoming Partners in the Harvest.
Worldwide missions is an important part of the ministry at Sheldon Road Baptist Church.
Current missionaries being supported
- Waves of Mercy- Larry and Diana Owen serving with IN Haiti. – mercysaves.org
- Oasis Pregnancy Care Center- serving in the Tampa bay area. – oasispregnancycarecenter.org
- Steve and Sharon Entwistle- AIM
- Jon Couch- This Day Ministry – Radio Ministry, Discipleship – http://www.
- Bible Basics International- In our Vision we see Bible Basics International as a mission serving agency extending the worship of God by serving the senders and the sent, mobilizing workers with the Word, and advancing the Gospel to the unreached and unengaged. – biblebasics.org
- Amazing Love Ministry-Tampa – amazinglovemin.org